Setting up dual monitors with onbaord

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Rollotamasi, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Rollotamasi

Rollotamasi Private E-2

I just recently got a new 256 video card. I was wondering if it is possible to set up dual monitors using the video card and crappy onbaord video on the main board. When I looked in the device manager the old onbaord video device was gone. Looks like the new video drivers I installed automaticly deleted the old ones. Any help would be much appericated. Thanks.

2. acejones

acejones A Different Title

depends on the motherboard. alot of times, the onboard video will automatically be disabled once it detects a new video card. check the bios for onboard settings...you may be able to keep it enabled, but I doubt it.

3. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

Onboard video is usually on the AGP bus. If you are using an AGP GFX card, it will be disabled. If you are using a PCI card, it may work depending on how well the drivers and hardware work together.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds