AMD processor settings?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Just Playin, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

I have an AMD Athlon 64 3000+ CPU and I want to check the BIOS settings to insure it is set to specs. I've searched the AMD site and the internet in general and have found anything but what I wanted. If anyone can steer me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

2. jamcgriff

jamcgriff Sergeant

3. Bambo

Bambo Private First Class

Look it up here http://www.amdcompare.com/us-en/desktop/Default.aspx They should know :)

Probably more useful to check bios in general, what does updates fix? relevant? and other more critical settings. CPU is most likely detected correctly and running 9x200fsb with x.xx volt. The volt-thing Ive read is not a certain value - even within same type. Did not find info on AMD site but value should be a "recommended" one. Not the right word but same meaning. So 1.35v does not have to be wrong cause you see simular cpu use 1.40v.

Software like Everest will also show volt, temp, fsb and much more. Do check site of motherboard maker and have a peek at changelog for bios. Could be important. Also look for any official FAQs if not user-guides on forums (Google) - best way to check for issues and such, same as you want with cpu.

4. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

Thanks for those links. It's just what I needed.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds