Need an opinion on new computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rylee816, Feb 9, 2006.

1. rylee816

rylee816 Private E-2

Hello all!!! I live to play games on my computer and hate being elbowed off the thing when my girlfriend needs to do the "important stuff"....lol. So I have decided to buy a new computer and need some advice.

I am now running a lowly dell dimension 3000 with a 2.4 Ghz celeron piece of crap. I have an ATI radeon 9250 , no special sound card, and almost 800 Mb of RAM. I have a pretty hard time running demanding games, let alone multiple applications.

OK....HERE IS THE QUESTION.....I need to know what computer would be best for my gaming needs. I am torn between a dell XPS 600 with dual nvidia 7800 gtx graphics cards and a 3.2 Ghz pentium d dual core........and between the AMD ATHLON 64x2 dual core with the same graphics cards. Either way it's going to end up costing me about 3,000.00.........but I need help in making the right choice!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP YOU COULD GIVE!!!:)

2. Stubby

Stubby R.I.P. (September 3, 1949 - January 26, 2011)

Obviously you like playing games and with that I would suggest the AMD machine with at least 1 gig of RAM. Without a doubt, you are well covered in the video card area!!:) What kind of sound card comes with those machines? One things for sure, you should NO problem running these newer, more demanding games with that rig!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds