Blue screen of death

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by russell45, Feb 9, 2006.

1. russell45

russell45 Private E-2

Gateway LE500.Reboots to blue screen that states unmountable boot volume. can`t get the recovery disk to come up at all. It will F8 to several options such as saftey mode but I don`t know what to do from there. Thanks:confused:

2. InYearsToCome

InYearsToCome MajorGeek

Windows XP i assume? if so, do you have a Windows disc handy?

also assuming you did no recent hardware changes (or BIOS changes) or didnt move your computer that may have loosened the hard drive ribbon cable connection, its most likely a corrupt file system.

from MS Knowledge Base:
    "If the second parameter (0xbbbbbbbb) of the Stop error is 0xC0000032, then the file system is damaged"

here is the MS KB article on attempting to fix a damaged file system http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555302/en-us

3. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

Welcome to MajorGeeks.

See if THIS helps.

4. russell45

russell45 Private E-2

Thanks for the info. The second parameter is 0xc0000032 but it will not read the window xp or recovery disc it continues to go back to the blue screen.

5. InYearsToCome

InYearsToCome MajorGeek

just to be sure, you are setting the BIOS to boot from CDROM, or using a boot menu selection to choose the CDROM drive, right? The computer wont boot to a CD without doing one of those

6. russell45

russell45 Private E-2

Yes to both the questions. I went back In bios to check and put the a drive as a 2nd choice and it is now requesting a floppy to reboot from. I`m going to go back and put cd as second choice and see what happens. Just found out that an electric storm occured the night before these problems. Thanks again.

7. russell45

russell45 Private E-2

I was able to get the computer to reboot with 6 floppys it take the xp installment up to final step. Then it says unable to do installation due to a corrupt or missing file called sif file it says it has a value of 0 and is in section spi.cab. I do not have any idea what to do or what this means. A little more help would be really great.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds