DVD RW playback issues?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Digital Girl, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Digital Girl

Digital Girl Private E-2

I recently burned 3 movies not a re-writable when given the options. On both the MPG converted and the .avi burned smoothly. The problem I am having is playing back on my home DVD. I had to eject it then insert again to get to the menu, however it plays without fail on my PC...

Could my home DVD be the problem?:eek:

2. bjgarrick

bjgarrick MajorGeeks Admin - Malware Expert

If you are you referring to illegally downloaded movies you will not recieve help in this forum.

3. Digital Girl

Digital Girl Private E-2

No that is not the case at all, these are our family home videos. I captured, then edited, then used Movie Maker to make the DVD menu, chapters etc.

Why would anyone assume automatically this was for downloaded movies off the net? (just curious)?

:confused:

4. bjgarrick

If they are legal we can help you, the reason we assume that is because many people come here asking for support for illegally downloaded music/movies.

What format were the captured files?

5. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

6. Digital Girl

Digital Girl Private E-2

I understand how important it is to keep the forum tiddy, and clean.

I captured the files from my DV camera (video camera) and then burned them .avi

7. Digital Girl

Digital Girl Private E-2

Sorry the name was Movie Factory by Ulead...but great info on the Movie Maker....

8. bjgarrick

When they are in AVI format you have two options. Burn them as a "Video Disc" and play them in your DVD player, your DVD must be compatible to play this or it will not work. Your other option would be to use a program such as VSO DivxToDVD to convert your files into DVD format then burn to a DVD using something like CloneDVD.

9. Digital Girl

Digital Girl Private E-2

The only options the software gave me was . 1. DVD Video and DVD+VR 2. DVD-VR 3. DIVX DVD

10. bjgarrick

Do you have anything like Nero or NTI installed?

11. Digital Girl

Digital Girl Private E-2

No, I do not have Nero but I have not heard of NTI? The reason why movie factory was so attractive was because of the ease and templates for the menu and chapter selction.

12. Digital Girl

Digital Girl Private E-2

Would I need to use all three softwares? Use the tempates to make the menu in movie factory, then use DVX to DVD to convert that saved file in movie factory, then burn it?

13. bjgarrick

I'm not familiar with Movie Factory, I use Nero for everything. For DVD backups and such I use CloneDVD.

If your DVD supports video disc, I would download the trial of Nero 7 and burn them as a video cd and then play them like this. If you do not want to do this then maybe someone else will know a little more about Movie Factory.

14. Digital Girl

Digital Girl Private E-2

Ok, great I downloaded both the options and I will do my best to become familiar with them, see which one works best try them out and then buy....I really appreciate your help, really.

I am going to try DVDx TO DVD one more time on movie factory...I will keep you updated and lets see which one works best...a bit of a newbie in the DVD editing sectors...

:)

15. bjgarrick

Okay! Let us know if you need anything or have any problems.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds