DVD burner suggestions

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kschu36, Feb 11, 2006.

1. kschu36

kschu36 Private E-2

hey everybody, new to the forum and looking for any suggestions. I really don't know much about burners or just computers in general. I am looking at buying a dvd burner soon and don't want to spend a fortune. I know internal burners are cheaper but I would really prefer an external burner for my new laptop. What do I need to look at spending for an external burner of decent quality. What else can you tell me that would be helpful when I look for burners. Brands, speed, etc. Thanks a lot.

2. bjgarrick

bjgarrick MajorGeeks Admin - Malware Expert

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Have to agree with BJ on LiteON drives, they have served me well over the years.

But also what is your budget for the burner?

I also once you see a burner you like do a little bit of googling to find some reviews on the drive, basically see what other users think of them, if buying online then use one of the larger e-retailers or if not in the USA, then maybe some of us may know good reliable e-retailers in your area.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds