Fan Placement

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by HuntingWolf, Feb 11, 2006.

1. HuntingWolf

HuntingWolf Private E-2

Hey I have recently put together a new comp and Im thinking about adding a blowhole fan above my cpu, on the top panel. Question is, is this the ideal place for my fan. Its an Thermaltake A2016 Blue LED 8cm Fan, and my case is Acrylic Mid-tower ATX Case from logisys, which came with an intake right next to the I/O switch, a output 7 inches back on the left panel and another output under the power supply. Thanks in advance for the advice.

2. Stubby

Stubby R.I.P. (September 3, 1949 - January 26, 2011)

Is this the case you have? http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowI...id Tower Computer Case Pre-Assembled - Retail

If it is, you may not be able to put it directly over the CPU because of the PSU, but a blowhole wouldn't be a bad idea as long as it's used for exhaust. I modded a case, before I bought my P180, and I put a blowhole in the top, but I was restricted as to where I could put it due to the PSU and the CD-RW drive. Personally, I think a blowhole is a good idea. Good luck and let us know how it comes out!

3. hammer1

hammer1 Private E-2

A top exhaust fan is a great idea to get rid of the warm rising air. A simple hole without a fanis not recommended as dust will free-fall into the case. The closer to the centre of the top is preferred

4. HuntingWolf

HuntingWolf Private E-2

my fans in the mail, so I can have a good reply with some pics by weds. keep you updsate.

5. Stubby

Yeah HuntingWolf, let us know how it goes. Just remember to make it an exhaust, and not intake!! Good Luck!!:)

6. HuntingWolf

HuntingWolf Private E-2

7. Stubby

That's great!! Has it had any effect on your temps yet? From what I could see of your 'puter, the picture was rather dark, it looks good and I bet it's running alittle cooler too!!:)

8. HuntingWolf

HuntingWolf Private E-2

Yeah, sry bout the pic being dark. Im not really a photographer. But yes it did drop about 5 degrees off on a full load, about 2-3 when idle. Not too great but definately good if you have ever boarderlined. Right now my cpu drops to about 29 on idle and 36 on a game of bf2. Oh and thanks for complimenting on my comp :).

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds