notebook motherboard problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nintendopwns, Feb 11, 2006.

1. nintendopwns

nintendopwns Private E-2

I got a Gateway notebook for christmas and the only problem with it is the graphics. It has 32mb of shared video memory hardwired into the motherboard. I want to be able to upgrade my video card and the only conclusion that ive come up with to solve this is to buy a high end motherboard that enables me to upgrade the video card. However, i cant find one anywhere. Can anyone help me put here?

2. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

Notebooks and Desktops are different in a lot of respects, but more so in the realm of upgrading and swapping components. Upgrading a notebook motherboard isn't for the faint of heart ( providing that you can find one that you want ) and that you can get the notebook case open without breaking it.

My advice would be to sell your current notebook, and buy one with the features that you want!:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds