S L O W X-box......

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Vacuum, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Vacuum

Vacuum Private E-2

Hi all, my x-box lately has been very slow loading games and usually reject games. Has anyone else had this problem? I fear that my x-box unit has just about had it. I hope that is not the case. I have disassembled the unit and dusted the inside. I just recently disassembled the cd-rom drive and cleaned the lens and lubed the slides. That seemed to help for now. Any new ideas?

Thank you

2. G.T.

G.T. R.I.P February 4, 2007. You will be missed.

Cleaning the CD-ROM drive lens probably did it. They can pick up dust and smoke (if around) and eventually quit reading.

3. WobblesRArt

WobblesRArt MajorGeek

I don't know for sure, but, try using a CD cleaning disk....I have use them on the computer, and CD players, and it helps.......don't know about x-box........wobbles

4. Vacuum

Vacuum Private E-2

Thank you for responding. I have infact done that. That seemed to help at first, but not anymore.

5. WobblesRArt

WobblesRArt MajorGeek

I have two or three here, but the best one, has some copper wire brush, to help clean, works real fine

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds