novice computer user having trouble...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Vassriss, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Vassriss

Vassriss Private E-2

Hey gang.

I keep having issues with my comp.:eek: When I use certain programs (World of Warcraft, Battlefield 2, any of my benchmarking files) my computer will either freeze up completely, or will crash hard enough that it "turns off" and reboots itself.

After it does the reboot one, the following Microsoft Error stuff is listed:

C:\DOCUME~1\WILLIA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERd7d4.dir00\Mini021106-04.dmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\WILLIA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERd7d4.dir00\sysdata.xml

Don't know if that helps or not. I've downloaded and ran Ad-adware SE, CC Cleaner, spybot, spyware blaster, blacklight, etc. Even after all that, it's still having the shutdown problems, with the same error message poping up.

Any help would be great, as this is extremely annoying.

2. shnerdly

shnerdly MajorGeek

Bad memory or bad connections on the memory can cause a number of problems including lockup's and reboots.

Try removing the memory modules and GENTLY cleaning the gold contacts using a pink pencil eraser.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds