problems with internet explorer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cher_hc_43, Feb 12, 2006.

1. cher_hc_43

cher_hc_43 Private First Class

I have had my new computer for 4 months now and it came already programmed, and I have internet explorer as my browser but I notice that I have been having a lot of problems with it, from time to time it freezes up and I get a message "Not Responding" and then I send an error report, what causes this to do it all the time? I have DSL as my connection, should I maybe be using a different browser?

cheryl

2. dedub

dedub Corporal

Well Cheryl, what do you mean already programmed? Anyway, are you updating your computer with the MS updates and critical patches? If not I suggest you head to www.microsoft.com and get r done. Next, do a good virus scan, trojan scan, spyware/adware search. If that doesnt fix your issues I would stear away from Internet explorer all together. Download Fire Fox and give it a whirl. I guarentee you wont be sorry.

3. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

You do not need to "change" to another Browser you can install a second 3rd party Bowser, and use I.E., or and the other browser, in whatever way pleases you (you can even use the two of them in the same time).

However, I doubt very much that what you are describing has to do with the Browser, and thus "changing" to another Browser would nothing for your computer.

First, make sure that your system is clean and protected.

This might help with cleaning issues.

Link to: Internet infestation - Or, how you are getting Internet "Junk" in and compromise your Computer/Network?

Link to: Basic Steps in cleaning Internet "Junk".

This can steer you to find Free safety tools.

Link to: Assemble a Freeware Security suit for Internet Connection Protection.]

After Cleaning, if it still does not work, you would need to follow these steps.

http://www.ezlan.net/clean#refreshnet

:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds