no sound also

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rey910, Feb 12, 2006.

1. rey910

rey910 Private E-2

not sure how to describe this--first will be system--
    Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600
    Version 2002
    Service Pack 2
    Prosys-SPM Micro is Manufacturer
    Intel(R)
    Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.50GHz
    2.50GHZ, 224 MB of Ram

What I have in the device manager--sound,video and game controllers is
    C-Media AC97 Audeo Device that has the yellow exclamation mark on it. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling it and keep getting same thing.
    I have even gone so far as to delete it and when I do a restart it reappears with the exclamation mark. when I go to properties it says this device cannot start (code 10)---I have tried the trouble shooting and really canèt figure out what is all wrong with it.
    I do have Everest downloaded and will try to attach that file to this. just not really sure how or what to fix on this computer--so I could use all the help I can get. thanks you

2. Steeev

Steeev Corporal

Hi rey910
    Sounds like a driver/codec problem.
    You could try deleting it in device manager, and loading Realtek AC97 drivers instead of the C-Media ones.. You can get them here: http://www.softwarepatch.com/utilities/ac97.html
    Worth a shot.

3. rey910

rey910 Private E-2

thanks steeev----am downloading Realtek now---will post results after---also uninstalled the c-media one

4. rey910

rey910 Private E-2

works gr888888888 thank you-----may close this thread

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds