Compaq Evo N115

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by iandoh, Feb 13, 2006.

1. iandoh

iandoh Private E-2

I have been given a Compaq Evo N115 however there is a problem with it. When I connect it upto the charger the light on the charger flashs very fast however when I unplug it from the laptop it stops flashing and stays solid green. The battrey says its has 50% left in it but the laptop just wont start. I have opened it and even tried flashing the ROM via another computer but that cant be completed. Any ideas what I can do?

2. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Don't touch the ROM. Probably bad power supply unit, or battery. I would replace the PowerSupply Brick.

3. iandoh

iandoh Private E-2

I have tried another Power Supply and nothing is wrong with it. I also tried the psu in another laptop and it works.

4. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

With the other Power supply brick, does the light on the laptop still flash?

5. iandoh

iandoh Private E-2

Its not the light on the laptop its the light on the psu and yes it flashs on both psu's.

6. iandoh

iandoh Private E-2

No One likes me... :(

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds