APK Windows2000 tools7

Discussion in 'Software' started by Genius Boy, Oct 28, 2002.

1. Genius Boy

Genius Boy The Examinator

I just downloaded APK Windows2000 tools7. I downloaded them because it said that they were for Windows 2000 and XP. But all the tools seem to be for windows 2000. I'm just wondering if they are safe to use with XP.

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Yes, I have used them since XPs release. They are written for 2K and XP. All that said, one should always backup the registry before tinkering.

3. Genius Boy

Awesome! I just wanted to make sure that I wouldn't fry my registry.

On a side note, how exactly do I go about backing up my registry?

4. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

open up registry editor. go to Registry menu item and click Export registry file.

5. iamien

iamien Cptn "Eh!"

Alec
    Ok been playing with your alarm, i like it so far. One thing that would be great for it would be if it would save the wakeupsettings <IE time of day track ETC> when you close it.
    So far i havnt had chance to be woken up by it but i think that it will do a nice job, far better then the Compuerized alarm clock the i curently use to wake me from my slumber on this cool crisp candian mornings :)<Wheee its almost winter>
    When i get some 5.1 speakers i pity my sleep hehe
    Planning on upgrading to windows 2000 pro within next two weeks, i'll try out rest of your tools :)
    BTW Reg cleaner is the nicest one i have used to date, proves what someone can do when they actuly want to make something that'll clean it out while remaining decently safe <i still back up my reg every morning>
    Anyways thats just my .02, great program cant wait to try out rest of yours :)
    Yumm i got ham

6. iamien

iamien Cptn "Eh!"

PM box emptied :)

7. Genius Boy

Just thought I'd point this out:

In the reg install text file that comes with the updated apk registry cleaner there is a line that is not in the reg install text file in the older apkwin2k tools7:

"7.) Improved PERFECT compatibility (was always there but WBEM location varied & caused users install hassles of placing .reg files I used to use on merge which are no longer needed) to ALL forms of Win32 OS."

So my question really wasn't so funny afterall, was it?;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds