paper jam with no paper

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cookjason, Feb 13, 2006.

1. cookjason

cookjason Private E-2

just short of tossing this entire unit out in the snow!!!:mad:

ok...hp laserjet 1000, running win2K...

literally just decided to stop running and continually flashes that there is a 'paper jam.' i've performed all the steps that the computer tells me to perform to clear a paper jam. i've also removed and re-installed the driver, unplugged the printer from the power and usb and restarted the whole computer, both multiple times. all to no avail. the only thing that i can think of is that their something mechanical (spool, gear, etc.) that isn't aligning and thus relaying to the computer that there is a paper jam.

any input would be grand. ask questions if i've left anything out.

thank you, thank you....

jason.m.

2. Triaxx2

Triaxx2 MajorGeek

Sounds like there might be a little piece somewhere inside the printer, that was perhaps torn out of the last piece to go in. You might have to get quite a ways into the printer to see it, and at that point it's probably eaiser to A) Get a new one, or B) Have it serviced.

3. Jerkyking

Jerkyking Sergeant Major

Dust and toner build up will do that too. It can block the optical senors, try a can of compressed air (be carefull not to blow toner all over).

4. cookjason

cookjason Private E-2

ocum's razor...the simplest answer is usually the winner.

triaxx hit it: a little bit of paper that was caught between the rollers that was "hiding" when i looked at it from below and i only finally saw it on the 3rd pass.

thanks for the input.

jason.m.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds