Frys Fried Us!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by RustyStar, Feb 14, 2006.

1. RustyStar

RustyStar Private E-2

You can never believe what computer mishap happened to us tonight! We took our computer to Fry's to have the card reader swapped out because one of the little pins was bent on the original card reader. They kept it for 2 nights and then said to pick it up. We brought it home and now, when you just turn the power on for a minute, the fan roars REALLY REALLY LOUD!! and then the whole thing just powers off INSTANTLY and won't even boot AT ALL!! I'm taking it back to Fry's tomorrow, but what in the world do you think happened? Do you think the new card reader is somehow a hardward conflict or something? It came from Compac and is supposed to be identical to the one that was originally there! It's a puzzlement!! I'm using our old computer and right now I think it's infected with about one million viruses (that's why we had to get the new one). But anyway, at least I can still type on here! GOSH!! Last of all when I tried to get the EEK! smilely it won't post here. So I will just have to use the pink half-smile Smiley instead. Thanks for your thoughts on these things!
    :eek:

2. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

Sounds like one of the technicians at Fry's may have inadverntaly dislodged a power supply power cable that is hitting one of your fans causing the noise and a possible short.:)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds