new PC performance questions.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jcharp, Feb 14, 2006.

1. jcharp

jcharp Private E-2

2 quick queries:

Just completed my first build and I seem to be doing pretty well. I just had 2 quick questions for anyone who may know. Bear with me; I'm fairly new at this...

1: what is a decent temp for a comp to idle at? I tend to sit at around 21C during minor comp activity (like now) and hover around 31C during Call of Duty 2 (my most graphicly demanding game) Is that decent or should I replace the stock heatsink that came with my processor?

2: I just ran 3Dmark06 and scored a 3600. unfortunatly, I cant find any chart to reference that score to. What is considered good, poor, mediocre? i don't want to OC too much but would like to get good performance.

here are my specs:
    amd64 4000
    geforce 7800 gt (just one for now)
    2 gigs ram

let me know if you need more info.

2. Novice

Novice MajorGeek

Your Temp numbers are fine, and are lower than most peoples!:)

3. Steeev

Steeev Corporal

Hi jcharp
    Why not post your 3Dmark06 score in the benchmarking forum. They'll tell you how you're doing in there.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds