Wireless keyboard..w..forward move error

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gyniolatry, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Gyniolatry

Gyniolatry Private E-2

Helping out a mate :rolleyes:
    When holding down the "W" in games - bfv, cod ect.
    the forward movement stops after a short random length of time......very annoying

have tried latest and earlier driver versions for keyboard/mouse
    and video card. have played with key delays and other settings

have found similar problems on other forums, but no solutions...
    pls help majorgeeks...

Thankyou
    ps hope i picked the right forum (MS keyboard made me do it)

3+ gig dual core intel
    1 gig ram
    512mb nvidia 6600
    XP pro
    Wireless MS multimedia keyboard/mouse
    USB wireless adsl modem

2. Tubnotub1

Tubnotub1 Private First Class

Hey Friend, I had the exact same problem with my keyboard (Microsoft Comfort Keyboard, Wireless with Laser Mouse). Turned out it was just bad reception between the keyboard and the reception unit. I could have the reception unit directly infront of the keyboard and it would do it. I now have it about 2 feet away and everything is working fine. Try moving around the reception unit, after a while u will find that sweet spot where everything works fine.

Good luck!

3. silverman

silverman Private E-2

Try using a normal wired keyboard and see how that goes to eliminate the possibility it is a software related problem, if the problem does indeed persist.

4. Gyniolatry

Gyniolatry Private E-2

Hey Tubnotub1 my newfound majorgeek friend,
    Looks like you've come up with the goods (& in record time!!)

The receiver was so close to the keyboard that it might as well have been hard wired.
    I had moved it around, but never more than 30cm.
    It seems to be fine now that the receiver is tucked at the back of the desk between the monitor and speaker. This is about 3 feet away and the last place i would have thought it should be.

Now the moral dilema is whether to tell my mate the truth or have him believe
    that the special F@H program i installed is responsible..

thanks to all for the input,
    another win for MajorGeeks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds