Half Loading Pages, randomly

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Lemures, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Lemures

Lemures Private E-2

OK, so I got a new computer about 5 months ago. I use Firefox browser and Windows XP. The computer worked great and the internet was fine for about 3 months...so I've been trying to figure this out off and on for 2 months.

I have this random problem where the internet gets all strange and the pages will only load up about 1/4 to 1/2 of the page. If i hit back on the browser and reclick the link sometimes the page will immediately pop up, or it will load up half the page again. If I let it sit there it will either time out and say "this document contains no data," or it will finally load up the page fully. The strange thing is half of the time the internet is perfectly fine and i can fly through different webpages.

I have tried many virus scans and adware/spyware scans and nothing ever comes up. I'm sure it's not the actual connection problem, there is another computer on the router that works perfectly, and I have tried different ethernet cables. Help me!:eek:

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Quick thing to try is on to delete/renew the saved info in the DNS resolver cache as it can store negative entries that do give slowness and half completed pages.....

to do this goto the Command Prompt and type the below

ipconfig /flushdns

3. Lemures

Lemures Private E-2

I actually tried that one from browsing others help topics looking for a way to fix it...didn't work >< Thanks for the reply though

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds