USB drive wont recgonize

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by joogy, Feb 15, 2006.

1. joogy

joogy Private E-2

So i bought a USB drive so that i can transfer music to my SD card but my computer wont recgonize it. Any suggestions?

2. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

Yes. Suggest you give us a few more clues. ie what OS? What sort of USB drive? - a pen drive? a USB hard drive? a USB CD writer? :)

3. joogy

joogy Private E-2

im running XP pro just reformatted my computer to see if that was the problem and no its not. Its a USB pen drive

4. gay2jp

gay2jp Private First Class

Device might not meet standard USB specs that XP assumes. See if you can find a driver on the USB maker's web site.

5. joogy

joogy Private E-2

ive already check on their website and it said that there was no drives needed for this

6. thesssfactor

thesssfactor Private E-2

yo i have this problem too...

may be its just the cable it

when my pc was in recogonzing my psp it was the cable going into the comp it was messed up

check the cable

7. superoe

superoe Private E-2

this might sound abit stupid .. but
    i also have a usb that wouldnt recongnize, using Xp pro sp2..
    my usb is a hdd .. and it just gets solved when i push the usb plug faster into the hdd ..
    try to insert the usb plug faster, tell me if it works, we might find a whole new way of solving hi-tech probloms =-P

8. joogy

joogy Private E-2

haha nope sorry didnt work im almost convinced that its the USB drive itself and not my computer

9. gunbound97

gunbound97 Private E-2

dude... you might have problems with your usb in your pc.... check the driver and install an updated one.....

_______________________-
    Good Thing

10. superoe

superoe Private E-2

another method:
    1. just reboot the computer with the usb plugged
    if it will recognize it like that, then the problom is "the speed of inserting " =-|

:)
    shabat shalom

11. joogy

joogy Private E-2

its not the USB because i have an optical mouse pulled into the USB already and it works and ive already tried rebooting the computer with it in and no such luck

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds