Help with home networking

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gener1, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Gener1

Gener1 Private E-2

My host system is XP Home with service Pac 2 1.8 Gig processorwith 512 memory. I am using a ethernet Linksys router. My client system is an older M E with an 800 mh processor and 256 memory. I am most of the way there. I E works on both systems Printer sharing works. I can share files from the host to the client. The client files show on the host but access fails with a not accessable You might not have permission to use this network resource. I cannot figure what my next step is. Thank you for any help you may be able to give. Gener1

2. shnerdly

shnerdly MajorGeek

Be sure any firewalls are allowing access between the computers and also be sure you have the same usernames and passwords setup on both computers.

Example: host machine user is Bob PW 1234 then create user Bob on client with the same password. If client username is Ralph with PW 4321 create user Ralph on host with the 4321 PW.

3. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds