Startup Files

Discussion in 'Software' started by Boltz, Nov 1, 2002.

1. Boltz

Boltz Private E-2

Howdy all. Since this is the one spot with the most gurus, I thought I would bring my question here concerning a couple programs in my start up.
    I'm using a program called RegCleaner ver.4.3 by Jouni Vuorio and it's showing a couple of programs that I'm not sure what they are and if I really need them.
    Does anyone know what GNUM is? There is no filename.
    Also, Nwiz.exe/ install.
    I'm thing of just removing them, but if they serve a purpose, then I will leave well enough alone.
    This site is great, and I've found a lot of info. in the past.
    Thanks for any help.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Nwiz.exe is part of the Nvidia Drivers..not one of the most necessary files for your OS to have, deleted that one myself with no disasterous effects.

As for Gnum.....not got a clue but do you run a Distributed Computing project by any chance ( Genome )

3. Troy

Troy Private E-2

Do you do programming or use any program that uses GNU Native UML Modeler aka GNUM?

4. Boltz

Boltz Private E-2

Thanks for the link AbbeySue, this will help tremendously if I have questions like this in the future.
    Thanks Halo. I might just remove it, run a couple benchmards and see if I notice anything different with my video card.
    Troy, thanks for the guidance, but I have found some stuff on this and I think it came with my motherboard drivers. Some kind of monitoring software or such.
    Also, I had placed my system specs in my sig, but was in such a hurry this mourning that I failed to notice that my sig wasn't set to display when I posted this messsage. Well, that's one thing I got fixed today :)
    Again, thanks all.

5. Rumple

Rumple Numbnuts

oh god! she's after getting another fly into her web:D

Boltz: the Nvwiz files are for installing the wizard that sets up the nVidia Nview graphics profile.....still haven't met anyone who's used it yet though

6. Boltz

Boltz Private E-2

Wow, all this knowledge on one site, and a lounge too. I'll most surely drop in and say hi.
    Rumple, thanks for the info on Nwiz. It's outa here, as I'll never use it.
    And...I hope she has a strong web...I work gravity at around 165 :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds