new computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ST47, Mar 14, 2006.

1. ST47

ST47 Private First Class

Hi - I'm back and it turns out building a computer is out of the question for me because of warranty purposes, so I'd like some advice...
    ATM we have 2 desktops and a laptop as follows
    Dell Dimension XPS P133c - Windows 95, no network
    Network wireless router:
    Dell Dimension 2350 P4 1.8GHz 512 ram 20gig HDD
    and I have no clue what this laptop is, except that it's free shit with a micron sticker and a peeling Pentium II sticker

needless to say, 2 suck and one is about halfway between sucks and decent...can you guess which one that is?

Currently the 95 is for work(scary huh? people still need 95???) and the laptop is for internet and messaging

I'd like the other desktop for work and email and a new gaming rig, but I dont know what's good or not, here's what I think I need:

Ram I'd like atleast 1 gig preferably 2, the 512 meg always is full with guild wars running
    HDD - I just purchased a 6 GB game, everything I have ATM is about 25 GB easily, and a 250GB isnt too expensive, I'll find something to waste it on

Usually i have excel, teamspeak, guild wars, at least 1 IE, and MSN open and it will load slowly and after loading the first time there is battle it will freeze again, not sure if this is CPU or RAM

prebuilt is preferable, Dell or alienware(how is alienware's support...i've heard good things from guildies)
    I guess I just want to know a rough price, the better brand and the best model for this

thx

2. ST47

ST47 Private First Class

bump

3. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

From what I hear Dell may buyout Alienware.

I'm not suggesting you build your own PC
    But
    You can Build your own PC & have some warranty, Most components can be bought with 3yr warranty or more.
    With a built yourself system you'll have to do the trouble shooting yourself.

How much are you willing to spend?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds