OMG hes dead

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ACE 256, Mar 18, 2006.

1. ACE 256

ACE 256 MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Overclocking Expe

My cat Artomes Theadrid Gordon the third died today of leukemia :(:(:(..... Im in a state of shock, i cant belive hes gone :( ... It doesnt seem right just to burry him in the yard someware for some kid to dig up years from now .. I have no clue what to do... Does any one know any thing about feline leukemia ? My other cat was always around him amd im afrade he might get it too :(....

Attached Files:

2. gal1998

gal1998 solo-cob

• [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]
      [*][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][/FONT]I am sorry Ace. A beautiful cat.
      [/FONT]
    I know I had one die from this many years ago and if I remember right, it can transmit to other cats.
    Here is a website you might want to look at.http://www.felineleukemia.org/
    or this one
    http://www.animalhealthchannel.com/FeLV/
    [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica] Transmission
    FeLV usually spreads through infected saliva. It can also spread through infected urine, tears, and feces, and through an infected mother to her kittens during gestation and nursing. Twenty percent of FeLV-positive mothers pass the virus to their kittens. Methods of transmission include the following:
    [/FONT]
    • [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]
      [*]Bite wounds from infected cats (more common among outdoor and indoor-outdoor cats)
      [*]Blood transfusions
      [*]Mouth and nose contact with infected saliva or urine
      [*]Mutual grooming
      [*]Nose-to-nose contact
      [*]Shared food dishes and water bowls
      [*]Shared litter trays
      [*]Sneezing
      [/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][/FONT]

3. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Ace,

Really sorry about your kitty. We have a cat that is getting along in years (13) and has kidney problems, I have been worried about deciding to bury her in the backyard or have her cremated. It's a hard decision. :(

If you are sure that is what Artomes died of you should have the other cat tested just to be safe, I would think.

Again, I'm very sorry.

Steve

4. ACE 256

Whare whould yo cremate a cat ?? I can just burry him here. Mom lives in a rental place and she wont be staying here mutch longer.... I and dont whant some kid digging him up..

5. MrPewty

MrPewty MajorGeek

The vet can organize cremation for a nominal fee. It gets a little more expensive if you wish to retain the ashes.

I'm sorry to hear about your cat. I lost my dog last year. It's never easy.

6. geekedittilitGHz

geekedittilitGHz <i>puto cum grano salis</i>

sorry to hear it ace. its a pretty kitty!:) :)

7. G.T.

G.T. R.I.P February 4, 2007. You will be missed.

What gal and MrP said. Have the other cat checked by the vet, and talk to the vet about cremation. A rental property isn't a great place to bury him.

Sorry about your loss Ace. We tend to love our pets as much as our human family members.

8. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

What was the wound on it's tail and nose from, a cat fight?

Feline Leukaemia, and other infections, are spread easily by cat bites. (cats have a lot of bugs on their teeth and saliva)

I suggest that if you get another cat, make sure you check it's history, vaccinate it, and thoroughly clean and disinfect your house (bleach solution is good).

For your existing cat, get an FELV blood test from your vet to see if he/she carries it.

There are pet cemeteries where you can bury them, but obviously cost is a factor.

There are also taxidermists, but I think it's rather morbid.

9. splitt3r

splitt3r You are now the victim of a drive by title change

i'm sorry about your loss, i own 3 cats and had a guinea pig die of wasting disease last year. you could bury him somewhere outside city limits, i dunno. My first cat, ace was buried on a mountain not far from where I live, I dunno exactly where, i was 3 at the time. he was a fat orange tabby that lived to be about 10 years old I think.

10. Phantom

Phantom Brigadier Britches

Sorry for your loss, Ace. Yes they become good friends, and are like part of the family.

Like the guys said, definitely get your remaining cat checked over by the Vet.

Some Info for you:-

http://www.vet.cornell.edu/fhc/resources/brochure/felv.html

11. ACE 256

Its going to be hard to get to sleep tonight, Im so used to him sleeping thare with me :(.
    I sware he thought he was human, he loved being coverd with a blanked and sleeping on his back. Well at least i do have tons of pics of him :):(:)....Bah smilies are pointless when it comes to to stuff like this..... Thanks for the support everyone....

Attached Files:

12. ibbonkers

ibbonkers First Sergeant

Sorry to hear that ace. As others have said get your other cat tested to be sure. We also have a cat that is as much a part of the family as any pet can be, all 18 pounds of her.

13. sibeer

sibeer MajorGeek

Sorry about your loss ACE. Being a cat person I know how you feel. Every cat is different, with a different personality, and different, silly things they do to make you laugh. We've mourned several cats, gotten another, and loved it as much as the previous.

14. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

I'm also sorry to hear your loss ace, I'm a pet lover, have a cat and you don't like to think that they're going to go ever.
    He was a great looking cat too :)

15. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

lost a cat to the same thing once. dreadfull disease. so sorry you are having to deal with this. my advise would be to take him somewhere pretty and bury him there. you are in my thoughts and prayers.

16. ACE 256

OMG! My other cat has it to :(. He is showing no signs of it. Maybe its a fulse positive. I hope it is... Now I need treatment options.... Mom is going to make him live in the bathroom the rest of his life :rolleyes:....

Attached Files:

17. splitt3r

well, I am no vet, maybe you should see a veterinarian about this. that sucks that your othr cat has it too, you should get him tested to make sure.

18. laurieB

laurieB MajorGeek

i hope im wrong, but i dont think there are treatment options. if your other cat has it, then the kindest thing would be euthinasea. sorry ace.

19. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

Things just got from bad to worse it seems :(

He looks like my cat though, although mine's more tabby-ish!

Hope you find a way around this ace!

20. splitt3r

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    2/3 of my cats, the other one is old and ugly, and mean too. lol. this is waffles and queenie

21. ACE 256

Well the shots for it are 20$ and the test for it is 30$...:rolleyes: So we are going the cheap way and getting them all vaccinated.. Hopefully we can find something for the ones who have it allready...

22. nickwsu

nickwsu Private First Class

Wow, I have a Cat that looks exactly like Artomes, and he sleeps on his back too! legs all spread like a tramp, its amazing he takes up as much space as he does.

Sorry to hear about the loss. You gotta keep them up on the vaccinations, its not fair to the cats not to, however, I understand some vet bills can get really expensive.

23. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

If anyone is that hard up, they shouldn't have a pet, but there are places like the RSPCA or animal charities which will do it for free if you qualify.

(It's not that expensive, and Veterinary Science is very demanding)

24. ACE 256

Well mom has 9 cats... Its not my choice to have so many thare... If it were up to me we whould have only 2 or 3... Not that i dont love every one of them she has now...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds