Shared CD Drive

Discussion in 'Software' started by HDL, Nov 2, 2002.

1. HDL

HDL Private First Class

I have a three computer network; 1 XP Pro computer and 2 Windows 98 SE computers.

On the XPP computer I have setup a share on a CD drive that uses Direct CD. When I try to access this drive from either of the Win 98 SE machine it shows up in the "entire network workgroup" but when I try to open it the Win 98 SE computer gets the blue screen of death and freezes up. According to Microsoft's knowledge base article Q261927 this problem was supposed to have been corrected with Direct CD's version 3.0 or later. I have the latest version of Direct CD that is available at Roxio's update site but it still isn't working for me.

I understand I may need the latest version of VREDIR.VXD. How or where can I get it? Microsoft wants me to pay their support to check on this but I would rather get it somewhere else, free if possible.

Thanks.

2. jcm996

jcm996 Private E-2

3. HDL

HDL Private First Class

JCM996,

Thank you very much. I will give it a try.

4. HDL

HDL Private First Class

Jcm996,

It worked. Thank you very much.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds