Help with ATI Radeon 7000 64MB !

Discussion in 'Software' started by Mr.ArmyMan, Nov 2, 2002.

1. Mr.ArmyMan

Mr.ArmyMan Private E-2

Guys, I currently own a ATI Radeon 7000 64MB DDR and i was wondering what are the best drivers for it? Im runnig the latest ones right now but when the computer starts this all weird black screen with a bunch of fuzzy colors shows up before i can see my desktop. What do you think that could be causing this problem? Another question is the settings under Display Properties, is there any mods i should do to bring up the performance of the card or should i just leave the default settings?
    Thanks for your attention!

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

do you have any graphical anomolies or artifacting on your screen when you are in windows?

3. Mr.ArmyMan

Mr.ArmyMan Private E-2

No...just at the beggining!
    I really don't know what's going on...
    Another thing is that the card also gave mine start menu a little lag wich i didn't used to have when i used the Intel chip.

4. grgs

grgs Private E-2

I have been trying to get my ATI AIW Radeon 32meg AGP going, and according to ATI, I need to uninstall my drivers and put them in a certain order. I thought I had done that, but I guess it might be worth a try to go through it again. Here is the order:

ATI WDM Rage Theatre Audio
    ATI WDM Rage Theatre Video
    ATI WDM Specialized PCD Codec
    ATI WDM TV Audio Crossbar
    ATI WDM TV Tuner
    ATI WDM Specialize MVD Codec

My problem is posted here, so I won't go into it. I have not had your problem, but maybe you can reinstall too. Good Luck!
    GregS

5. Redeye

Redeye Private E-2

You should try some other driver.
    As for the delay, open Regedit, navigate to HKEY CURRENT USER > Control panel >Desktop. When you click on the "Desktop" entry you should see a line in the right hand pane saying MenuShowDelay. Decreasing the value speeds up the opening of the Start menu(s).

6. ICeMaN

ICeMaN Master Sergeant

What version of DirectX do you have installed? I used to have similar problems when I hadn't updated DirectX to the required level after a Ati driver update.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds