New Build

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by db13, Mar 25, 2006.

1. db13

db13 Private E-2

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

3. stardis

stardis Private E-2

Go to crucial.com and look at their memory advisor tool for the K8N-E (Deluxe) and you will see recommended memory for the board. It looks to me like it would work just fine. I have the Asus K8N-E Deluxe and it is an excellent board. I am very happy with it. I am running two sticks of Crucial DDR400 512 mb ram in it for 1 gb total-- works great. Are you going to add more memory later? What cpu are you going to use? I have an AMD64 3000+ in mine.

I have another system with a Gigabyte K8U-939 motherboard and an AMD64 3200+ and it is also an excellent system. I have 4 X 512 mb of Corsair ValueRam in the Gigabyte system. For this system I bought the 19 inch LCD (Hanns-G) that has been selling at tigerdirect ($189 after rebate right now) and it is super.

I can't tell any difference in the two computers-- performance wise-- except that the 2 gb of ram is better for photoshop. They are both rock solid and I never had any trouble with them.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds