Ram Compatibility

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Browny81, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Browny81

Browny81 Private E-2

I need to upgrade my Ram situation to cut out the major lag im getting from World of Warcraft. I don't know much about PC but I have worked out I currently have a 128 and a 256 both SDRAM 133Mhz. My M'Board is a Compaq 077Ch and the Chipset is Intel i845 if this helps? I really just want to find out what the best ram is that I can get that will be compatible with my M'Board? I'm looking to but 1gig of ram. Also, if I buy 1gig is there any point in keeping the 2 sticks I currently have? ie. will they slow me down? Any help would be great guys, thank you!

2. cart3r

cart3r Private E-2

i would get rid of the ram you have now, because when you run slow ram with faster ram, overall it will go at the speed of the slowest ram

3. true1337

true1337 Private E-2

you need to go to compaqs website check and see what the board can handle as far as one mem slot i doubt that running pc100/133 you can purchase a gig that will be recognized fully in that slot

4. Runner789

Runner789 Private E-2

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds