Please Help: DMI Data Pool... Boot Disk Error?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by majahops, Mar 25, 2006.

1. majahops

majahops Private E-2

I recently built a machine and have been unable to successfully complete installing windows. I have built around 100 PCs, but have never come across this specific problem.

This is what happens:

1) I boot from the Windows XP CD ROM (I have tried multiple copies)
    2) I format the Drive in Windows Install (have tried both quick and full format NTFS)
    3) Windows Install Copies the Installation files successfully and counts-down and restarts as normal.
    4) The computer starts up and goes directly back into the initial Windows Setup from the CD and starts all over again.
    5) I have tried taking out the CD before turning on the computer and instead of going into the Windows installation screen, I get the following error:

Verifying DMI Pool Data . . . . . . . . . . .
    DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER

This exact same thing happens, no matter how many times I try to install Windows, EVEN after trying the following things:

Please read this list of things I have ALREADY TRIED and didn't help. Thanks so much.

a) Switching out hard disk and putting in another brand new one.
    b Ensuring that the boot-disk sequence is proper in BIOS (just in case, I tried every possible configuration)
    c) Ensuring that all boot-related configurations/settings in BIOS are proper.
    d) Resetting CMOS several times.
    e) Replacing CMOS battery.
    f) Replacing RAM.
    g) Unplugging, and then replugging in all power to drives and accessories.
    h) Trying the hard disk and CDROM on IDE 1/IDE 2, IDE 1/IDE 1, IDE 2/IDE 1, and IDE 2/IDE 2 configs.
    i) Making sure Master/Slave/Cable Select settings are proper on all disks and hard drives. (just in case, I tried every possible configuration)
    j) Trying several different legitimate copies of Windows XP Install CDs.
    k) Swapping out CD ROM and trying a different one.
    l) Making sure the BIOS correctly recognizes the Hard Drive and the CD ROM Drive, which it does, everytime.

Does anybody have any ideas what might be wrong here? It would mean the WORLD to me if you could help me out by suggesting a resolution besides the ones I have already tried (mentioned above). Thank you so so much in advance!

2. Yargwel

Yargwel MajorGeek

I know you say you have done this

but have you tried ONLY having the CD drive and new HD connected. That is disconnecting the floppy drive entirely.?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds