White Pixels...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DarkObsidian, Mar 26, 2006.

1. DarkObsidian

DarkObsidian Private E-2

I have a Sapphire 9800 SE 128 MB that I softmodded, not OCed, to PRO using Omega drivers... Now... when playing games I sometimes see some white pixels just randomly about.
    I can only think of two games that it does this on, and thats Battlefield 2, when using the AT rocket launcher (SRAW), and when playing The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion... Anyone have any idea what this is and how I can get rid of them?

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Do they stay if use stock ATi drivers?

3. DarkObsidian

DarkObsidian Private E-2

I haven't tried that, however, the reason I softmodded it is because stock, the SE closes 4 of 8 pipelines.... I was told this was very bad, is this true?

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

It may be bad, but if it causes your card to malfunction...

5. DarkObsidian

DarkObsidian Private E-2

Well, will it cause a dramatic effect on my video card's capabilities?

6. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Probably, but this is only temporary, to see if it makes a difference.

7. DarkObsidian

DarkObsidian Private E-2

I got tired of the white pixels and try installing my original drivers. No white dots, but I'm losting at least 5 FPS, and I don't like that :p
    It's the Omega drivers...

8. ACE 256

ACE 256 MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Overclocking Expe

Random white lines/dots are normaly a sign of the memory clocked to high or overheating on 9800s. Try dropping the mem speed by ~10Mhz and see if that helps, if not drop the core ~10 and see if that helps, if both fail you prolly have a weak pipe. Bumping the AGPv from 1.5 to 1.6 can help too....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds