usb port problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cthor, Mar 26, 2006.

1. cthor

cthor Private E-2

About 2 days ago, my USB ports abruptly stopped working. The computer in question is running XP SP2. I've checked the device manager and it shows that all ports are working properly (BUT THEY"RE NOT).
    All drivers seem to be OK...anyone have any ideas?

2. Steeev

Steeev Corporal

Have you tried uninstalling them from device manager, and restarting?

3. cthor

cthor Private E-2

We uninstalled all USB ports, rebooted, re-installed but they still won't work. Appears that there's no power to them...they're dead.
    What's next?

4. thatonechic

thatonechic Private E-2

having the same problem , running same systems did you find the cure?

5. bruceb

bruceb Private E-2

Did you recently install any Windows Updates
    within the last 2-4 days or right about the time
    they stopped working ? ?

Try a System Restore to say 1 week ago
    or if updates were installed, try uninstalling
    them and see if the usb works again.

6. thatonechic

thatonechic Private E-2

boooo ...lol that didnt work yes im running sp2 i have taking the computer to it's shipping state atleast 10 x's , this sux still not resolved. i can power everything.. mp3 player, mouse..etc but does not show that anything is plugged in . what did you end up doing to solve this wonderful mystery

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds