Download manager for any kind of web browser?

Discussion in 'Software' started by spike, Nov 3, 2002.

1. spike

spike Private E-2

I was using Internet Explorer as my web browser and Fresh Download as my download manager. But then I switched to using Crazy Browser as my web browser and now when I go to download something, Fresh Download doesn't pop up to download my files. Instead the Microsoft download box comes up instead.

Is there a download manager that will work with any kind of web browser-(Such as Crazy Browser for example)?

*(I am using a Gateway computer and Windows XP with Service Pack 1 as my operating system)*.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

3. Strogg

Strogg 5-Star Freakin' Geek

whatever you do, avoid download accelerator (aka DAP)

4. spike

spike Private E-2

Star Downloader is a good one. I used to use it when i ran Windows 98.
    If it works with Crazy Browser, then I'll get it again. Thank you. :)

5. spike

spike Private E-2

I'm glad to hear that Crazy Browser will intrergrate with download managers when their new version comes out. :D

I'll look into that Leech Get one.

Thank you for the help and also for the welcome.:D

Last edited: Nov 3, 2002
  6. Strogg

Strogg 5-Star Freakin' Geek

i know, i'm just saying that it's a b**ch to use. and yes, leechget is nice.

7. spike

spike Private E-2

Yeah, I used to use DAP when I first got my computer two years ago, and I never cared for it. I deleted it off my computer a little over a year ago and never went back to it.

I'm really surprised as to how many good reviews it gets on various different software websites. I never thought that it was all that great.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds