Socket 478 Cooling Kit Retention Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lbda, Mar 30, 2006.

1. lbda

lbda Private E-2

I bought a Corsair cooling kit for a socket 775 on accident. I overlooked the P4 aspect of it all and yeah, simple as that: i fooked up big time.

The only problem between buying another kit and finding my own way is the retention bracket being used. All i need is to find a way, or have someone guide me to find a way around this. A socket 775 retention bracked for this water block is too large for mine. I was wondering if anyoen knows where I can get a corsair 478 retention bracket??

Couldnt I just buy a different waterblock/retention piece as well? Any suggestions if so? Would the hose be a problem if i did?

2. lbda

lbda Private E-2

Bump.

3. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

Take it back is the first suggestion and swap it over for the right equip. For f's sake they should be reasonable enough to exchange it for the right parts. Worse case scenario play dumb, I didn't know etc etc. Otherwise your talkin modding and I wouldn't want to be doing that with what you have unless, seriously, you know a plumber!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds