drivers for HP Pavilion 5040 needed

Discussion in 'Software' started by Giant Robot, Nov 3, 2002.

1. Giant Robot

Giant Robot Private E-2

I have recently inheareted a HP Pavilion 5040, it didn't come with any discs. I formatted the hard drive and can't get it to recognize a few things so I was thinking the drivers are needed. Does anyone have a copy they could get me??? You can email me at Zilla___@hotmail.com if you have them or can help me get them. I already tried looking at the HP site and kept going around in circles trying to find anything for this comp and contact info for them.
    GR

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

3. Giant Robot

Giant Robot Private E-2

more hp info on my machine

I tried the HP site and I don't think those are the right drivers and after calling them they told me I'd have to upgrade to a newer OS because all of the old drivers were discontinued. I have a little more info that may help get this thing working,
    I'm using 98se and it's a PCI serial controller the
    memory range is fffboooo-fffbffff, that's all the info I can find thanks and
    any more info would be highly appreciated.
    I only want it to be an email machine for my wife, gonna try adding a different modem to it and see if that makes it work.

GR

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds