graphics card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by l>ul>z, Mar 30, 2006.

1. l>ul>z

l>ul>z Private E-2

well i've been saving for a long time now and im ready to buy a new graphics card
    the only thing is i dont know which one i should get
    should i drop most my money on a graphic card
    or should i go for a cheaper one and get more ram (which i despratly need)
    any suggestions will be very appricated

2. lbda

lbda Private E-2

go for the card, depending if youre playing games or not...or whatever youre doing. If it involves movies/games/etc. then go for the card..otherwise i say go with the ram.

Card wise...hmmm...most people i know have an easy time and good quality with ATI cards, while in my case ive had great quality with GeForce(But it was annoying to get it working with linux a little while back)

Shop around and pick out indivdual cards, then ask for peoples opinions from the few you pick.

3. Dawnpatrol

Dawnpatrol Private First Class

I'd keep an eye out for deals on ram. I bought a 512 meg stick of PNY for 40.00 a few weeks ago. Staples had had a better deal where you got a 512 meg stick of Kingston for 60.00 with a 40.00 mail in rebate. I just didn't have the extra twenty dollars to spend at the time. If you can find a deal like that you could still get the more expensive vid card.

4. leoleotheiii

leoleotheiii Private First Class

i hv a geforce6200tc pcie that i cant use, i'll sell it cheap (maybe not as cheap as new egg) u interested? i know its not the best card but its a good one for the price.

5. l>ul>z

l>ul>z Private E-2

ive decieded im going to buy a top of the line card (i really want to play morowind oblivion) and look out for some good deals for RAM
    thanks for the help guys
    and thanks for the offer but im going to have to pass
    but hey how much were you planing on selling that for because i have a friend thats looking to upgrade his computer and i could see if he is interested

6. InYearsToCome

InYearsToCome MajorGeek

please post your current system specs so we can get a better idea and help you make the best decision;)

7. leoleotheiii

leoleotheiii Private First Class

really?
    i bought that a long time ago b4 i really knew anything about computer...it turned out i had agp slot....( Im such a noob ><) so its been sitting in my draw for along time...when i bought it was like $120, of course its only worth like $35 right now....50 tops...so i might just sell it for like $50....i still need to think about it because i might buy a pice mobo, use that untill i get enough money and buy a gf7800

8. robdude

robdude Private E-2

hi,;)
    as said before it all depends on your sys spec as sometimes if everythings not up to scratch you could bottle neck your new graphics card ie,..
    slow rpm hardrive with small cache
    as you've mentioned low ram or slow ram.
    post your system specs
    and you'll get some sound advice
    most new graphics cards are scaleable as in they will allow you to play games in a reduced or optimal quality depending on your sys specs.
    i game alot and i get the best that i can afford.
    welcome to chaos.
    best of luck dude
    dont forget to post your system specs so we can have a butchers for you cache.:D
    uk gamer

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds