Internet Connection Sharing via Router

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by HyukeN, Mar 30, 2006.

1. HyukeN

HyukeN Private E-2

Hi, I have a less common form of internet, that is simlilar to a wireless network, but I get it from my ISP. I have heard it referred to as radio. A signal is sent from a tower to a dish on my roof and then fed through a cable into a PCI card in my computer. Right now I have ICS enabled via a crossover cable, but I have more than two computers and would like them all to have internet at the same time. I have had it working with the router in the past, but was very clueless at the time as to what I was doing and eventually it stopped working. Could somebody please help me find a way to get this working through my router. From what I remember when it did work through the router, the Network settings for the main computer were a manual IP and no gateway. The other computer then had the main computer as it's gateway (not the router as the gateway), which would cause it to function much like a crossover cable, but with multiple connections. So if somebody knows how to do this or knows a website with instructions on how to do this, any help would be appreciated. thanks

2. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

The best would be to feed the ISP’s Antenna output to the WAN Port of a Router, and configure the rest of network as any default Router configuration.

Look like this, http://www.ezlan.net/network/router.jpg

However some Wireless ISP systems do not work with Cable/DSL Routers.

So find from the ISP, or neighbors that have similar service if your Internet service works with a Router.

If it does Not work with a Router and you have only two computers staying with ICS is a better choice.

:cool:

3. HyukeN

HyukeN Private E-2

Thanks for the reply. Since the cable goes into a card that is fed into some sort of PCI card in my computer I know it won't plug in to the router that I have. I will check with my ISP to see what they have to say.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds