Total Crash..windows ME...HELP

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by beastmom, Mar 31, 2006.

1. beastmom

beastmom Private E-2

I was getting a KERNEL.32.DLL error on my kids computer. Now, steady orange light only no blinking activity. Running windows ME.

Due to crash I can't get into safe mode to work on DLL error as instructed.

Any suggestions??

Sherryl

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus MajorGeek

Could be a hardware problem if the monitor is just blinking. First try booting with the startup floppy & see what options you are given. (not familiar with ME)

If that does not work try removing the video card but only if the mother board has one onboard. You might have to go into the bios & check first.

Let us know if you need help in the bios as you have to be careful.

3. beastmom

beastmom Private E-2

This was a used computer so I have no rebootable disk. I've heard you can make a start up disk. Do you have any other suggestions on how to get a rebootable disk???

By the way...thanks for the quick reply!!
    Sherryl

4. Petaluma

Petaluma First Sergeant

5. beastmom

beastmom Private E-2

Ok so I downloaded to floppy. what next? I tried just putting floppy in and turning on but nothing...

Can you tell i'm a novice??

Sorry!!!
    Sherryl

OH..what does it mean when I get 3/1/4/3 beeps when comp starts up?

6. Petaluma

Petaluma First Sergeant

Lets see....
    you need to rebboot the pc and get into the bios usually f8 or f9at boot(google your particular model with "how to enter bios") , PC should tell you at the flash screen where it detects your hardware b4 it loads windows-- you will be presented with a screen(with many choices)--choose boot sequence-- change it from hard drive to floppy, save changes to bios and exit-machine reboots to floppy and follow instructions on screen-----
    Now to the other ??
    is this beeping at startup-- long beeps and short beeps? If so this may be your POST codes that indicate an equipment malfunction ( once again googling your particular model/manufacturer will tell you the definition of these codes)

IReallylikeearlgreyteazooom...

7. beastmom

beastmom Private E-2

How do I get into Bios when monitor is black? I hear it click like it's turning on, the light turns grn then immediately turns yellow and stays black. My hard drive also is weird. It turns on, I hear the fans go on, the power light is on, (but not blinking).

Is there someway to beat it into submission?? I've had it!! LOL

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds