D-Link router setup troubles.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gummibearone, Apr 1, 2006.

1. gummibearone

gummibearone Private E-2

Hello. Thankyou for taking your time to help me with my problem. I have Comcast High Speed Broadband with a D-Link DCM-202 modem. I am trying to setup a wireless network in my home using a D-Link DI-524 model router. To connect the computers to this router I am using DWL-G122 usb adapters. The problem is this: I have gone through the cd setup that came with the router numerous times, each time I have made sure that the router was connected correctly, as well as the modem. Both the router and the modem were hooked up to the computer as the diagram showes on the cd. Each time it tries to setup the router it says that it couldn't detect my router. I have tried ressetting the router, and I have made sure that the connection works (it does and it is very fast). I have called tech support, they were useless in that they told me stuff I have already tried. I have tried pinging,and I have also tried to get the router the ip address. I have went through the cd setup and the ip setup numerous times and they don't work. I have checked my connections and they are correct. Could my router be bad? or am I doing something seriously wrong?

Thankyou for reading, and thankyou in advance for your response if you give one.

gummibearone

2. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

Do not use the SetUp CD, read the manual and configure the Router Manually.

Make sure that you computer's TCP/IP parameters are set to Auto Obtain IP.

:cool:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds