What do I need?ATI X850 XT

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rekbronze, Apr 2, 2006.

1. rekbronze

rekbronze Private E-2

I ordered and got an ATI X850 XT cuz the price was nice but of course the drawback unbeknownst to me is that it came with no installation instructions,wiring or setup disk.Buyer beware I guess.
    I have an Asus A8V motherboard and an ATI 9800 PRO graphics card now and Windows XP.What do I need to install or is it plug&play and will the wiring of the 9800 be sufficient and or should I or can I DL setup and config stuff from the Web?Thank you for any help.

2. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

Well, if you bought the correct card for your motherboard, you should be fine. Do you know if you bought an AGP version or PCI-Express version? Your motherboard has an AGP slot, but no PCI-Express slots, so needless to say, if you bought the PCI-Express version it won't work. But if you bought the AGP version, it will work just fine. You don't need any extra cables or any other type of hardware. You can just swap the cards out.

The only thing you need to do is make sure you have the latest video card drivers from www.ati.com .

3. rekbronze

rekbronze Private E-2

Thanks Wyatt,like the handle by the way,
    OK,I did a good screw up,its a PCI-E,bought from Overstock .com,luckily used Pay-later feature so I can return it.Thanks again.

4. mcadam

mcadam Major Amnesia

....or get a new board and keep the card :D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds