Buying Dell E1705. Please help with Hardware.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by loydchristmas, Apr 2, 2006.

1. loydchristmas

loydchristmas Private E-2

Im buyin the dell E1705 with dual core processor. I am wondering if i should leave off the ATI radeon video card they try to sell you for $179, and if i could install something better down the road? Also could just get a regular cd/dvd drive not dvr and save money, but get a faster external one like plextor. Would this also be smart? Thanks.

2. hammer1

hammer1 Private E-2

Sound to me that you would be better off building your own system. You're already thinking about upgrades.
    Price up the components you want and compare prices.
    Adding onto retail systems later on can be nothing short of a major headache, especially with a Dell.

3. splitt3r

splitt3r You are now the victim of a drive by title change

I would suggest that, but that is a laptop.
    http://www1.us.dell.com/content/pro...5?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~section=specs#tabtop
    You should get it with whatever you need because laptops are a pain to upgrade usually.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds