Video playback problems.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by babyhorse, Apr 3, 2006.

1. babyhorse

babyhorse Private E-2

When playing back a video with video acceleration turned on, the brightness and contrast settings are set way too high. However, when I turn them off, the video settings are perfectly adjusted. This seems a bit weird to me as video acceleration is meant to make it run better not worse!
    I have recently upgraded my graphics card drivers (GeForce4 MX 460) and nothing changed. Before you tell me to just turn off the hardware acceleration, some programs do not have that option and when viewing videos in a browser, the default settings are used!
    Its really annoting me. Please help!

Thanks in advance

2. Megalith

Megalith Private E-2

what do you use to view Video? have you tried to reinstall the video prog you use or get a newer version. I wouldn't turn down acceleration unless your pc locks up or reboots.

3. babyhorse

babyhorse Private E-2

Running it through any video playback program has the same effect. So far turning off the video accelleration is the only thing that works. I don't think its a codec problem because Windows Media Player constantly updates the codec.
    I just dont know what to do!

4. InYearsToCome

InYearsToCome MajorGeek

is this for every video or just for certain videos? WMP can only update certain codecs.

did this occur before your driver update, or only after? You can always access the driver settings and screen overlay controls (brightness/contrast/hue/saturation) in the driver properties. Right click your desktop and open properties (display properties window appears.) On the settings tab, click on advanced, and then click on the tab with the name of your video card on it)

you also might want to try VLC media player to make sure its not a media player/codec problem. VLC has up to date codecs and is a full featured media player. http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4674

5. babyhorse

babyhorse Private E-2

That'd probably be it then. I dunno when it started. Ages and ages ago. Definitely before the driver update. I thought it'd go away with the driver update, but alas.
    I'll try it when I am next on the PC. Thanks for the help!

6. babyhorse

babyhorse Private E-2

I can't seem to change the video overlay settings :(
    Why are changing these settings being blocked and what do I do to change them?
    [​IMG]

7. babyhorse

babyhorse Private E-2

Please help!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds