CMI8330/C3D Audio Adapter

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hammer137, Apr 3, 2006.

1. hammer137

hammer137 Private E-2

hello. I have just re-installed Windows XP in my old P2 350 computer. The USB and Audio does not work. when I go to the System Devices it has 4 unknown devices listed, they are as follows:

I am not sure how to install these items. Help is much appreciated.

2. Megalith

Megalith Private E-2

Try deleting them all and then refresh the list been a while but seem to remember havin this prob years ago

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

On re-install did you install your motherboard/chipset drivers as they are needed for proper installation/recogition of USB and Audio amongst others.

you may need an older Intel Chipset Software installer for that PII motherboard, dependent on chipset version on the motherboard all older ( mature ) drivers can be found here http://www.intel.com/design/chipsets/mature/index.htm

4. hammer137

hammer137 Private E-2

ok. the USB works. But the Audio is causing a problem. It is not an intel Motherboard. The motherboard is a PCCHIPS model. With the SiS600 chipset.

5. DavidGP

Fair point, I forgot SIS made chipsets for Intel.. but goto your motherboard maker and get the chipset and sound ( if onboard ) drivers for your model board.

6. hammer137

hammer137 Private E-2

I can not find the Motherboard Drivers anywhere. If someone could give me a hand here. it is a PC CHIPS motherboard. SiS600 chipset. I run a P2 350. Im guessing this board is soo old that PCCHIPS does not support it anymore. Any help is appreciated.

7. DavidGP

Does the motherboard have a model version code eg. M571 if so what is it? You can use Everest to find out the motherboard name.

these are the only CMI drivers for that chip I have come across http://www.cmedia.com.tw/edl8330.htm you will have to use the Windows2000 drivers as it seems none are available for XP

8. hammer137

hammer137 Private E-2

ok, I got the driver in, but the sound has a conflict. when the computer makes a sound, it will repeat the sound, and keep repeating it until i restart the computer. what should I do now?

9. DavidGP

what is the motherboard name/version?

we ar along the right lines but must need to find a newer version if available, the mobo info above will help.

10. hammer137

hammer137 Private E-2

ok. Using AIDA32 I have found the following:

Motherboard: PCCHIPS M747 BX-PRO
    Chipset: SiS600

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds