Problems connecting 2 Pcs to Netgear Router

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bluenick, Apr 3, 2006.

1. bluenick

bluenick Private E-2

Hi there,

I have connected 2 pcs to a netgear router which is in turn connected to a cable modem. From one PC i could see the router immediately and get the internet working on it in no time.

From the other Pc i cannot even load the router admin pages; I "page cannot be displayed" errors etc. I can however, ping the router. I can also ping external addresses like www.google.com.

In one of my many restarts on this Pc, the net started working and also msn services, these stopped working after a period of time and it reverted to it's non working state again.

I can access the router's admin from the 2nd pc, and from the router's side, I can see both pcs visible. The problematic Pc also has dhcp enabled and obtains it's ip and dns addresses automatically as it should be, in this setup. If i connect this pc directly to my modem, internet works fine. I am stumped on this one, any suggestions? Soz if the post is a bit lengthy, wanted to be a bit thorough, thx for reading through and for ur help.

2. prometheos

prometheos Staff Sergeant

Hi Bluenick
    If you have ICS installed, then immedialetly uninstall it and restart the computer it was on. Use a browser to access http://192.168.0.1 ( or the appropriate router address ). On the browser page find and select DHCP and enable it. On each computer set the TCP/IP Property to either "DHCP" or "Obtain an IP address automatically". At this point, your router is capable of doing address translation, but to invoke it you can either restart each computer or or on each:
    Start => Run => ipconfig /renew.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds