Graphics Driver Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Rdogg, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Rdogg

Rdogg Private E-2

hey Guys,
    While updating my Graphics Card from Windows Update, the computer was shut off. I guess since the Download wasnt complete, it has screwed up my computer bad. The screen resolution is awful, and I'm unable to adjust it OR download a new driver. A message pops up when I try to Adjust the resolution, and it says - "The current selected graphics display driver can not be used. It was written for a previous version of windows, and is no longer compatible with this version of Windows. The system has been started using the default VGA driver. Please contact your hardware manufacturer to get an updated driver, or select one of the Microsoft provided drivers."
    Someone please help me out!

2. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

Right really need more info. OS (e.g. ME, 2K, XP) and ver.

Video Card and manufacturer. As much in sys specs as you can will help those help you.

Which Browser are you using? (IE, FF, etc)

3. Rdogg

Rdogg Private E-2

OS is XP, it's an intel I'm pretty sure. Ill give you more info when i et home fromschool thats where the computer is.

4. Rdogg

Rdogg Private E-2

Hey Bold Eagle,
    Thanks for getting back to me so soon. Fortunately my neighbor was able to come over and fix the problem, so I won't need any help. I'm sorry for bothering you ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds