Can't get into BIOS, F2 doesn't work

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by deville, Apr 6, 2006.

1. deville

deville Private E-2

After a failed attempt to upgrade my cd drive, I re-installed the factory cd drive but now my computer does not see it. I feel I may have changed something I shouldn't in the BIOS but I can't access the BIOS anymore to try and fix. When I hit F2 during start up, it does not work. Also I need to "hit F1 to continue" every time I reboot the computer(Dell Optiplex GX100), in order for it to boot up.

please help,

deville

2. Clark_Kent

Clark_Kent MajorGeek

Did you try the key delete i knows some board even if it say f2 for bios can try the delete key sometime it work....

3. deville

deville Private E-2

The delete button did not work. But thank you. Also I did not mention I am getting a "PRIMARY HARD DISK DRIVE 1 NOT FOUND" message during start-up, this is when I am prompted to hit F1 to continue, also says hit F2 for set-up at this point but when I do it does nothing.

Again, thanks

4. xxmonkey321xx

xxmonkey321xx Private E-2

Make sure all your drives are plugges in all the way, and that the jumper settings are correct. This is sorta basic, but its sometimes the basic stuff that messes you up D:

5. xxmonkey321xx

xxmonkey321xx Private E-2

Also try resetting you BIOS, this _may_ help.. normally its a jumper on the mother board that needs to be moved, consult your owner's manual or google

6. cdolgner

cdolgner Private E-2

do you have the jumpers on your disk drives set correctly, this has happened to me before, or i have had the ide cable backwards, remember the red goes toward the power connector, just mistakes i have made, you can check this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds