Super Networked USB ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tacamo, Apr 6, 2006.

1. Tacamo

Tacamo Private E-2

I had a home network of 7 computers but now I am trying to cut back to two. My problem is that I have gobs of USB and other periperals that were linked to all those 7 computers that I now want to put on just these two. If I put a USB Hub on the USB device link on my HUB, can I add 5 or six USB devices at the HUB that will be accessible by both computers over the wired TCP/IP network? I know I can put them on either machine but then I have to have both machines on to use all of the devices. If I put them on the HUB, I can have on one of the two main (P2P) computers at a time, if needed.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Tacamo

2. Coco

Coco Sergeant Major

Putting it on a hub wouldn't make it avaliable to both computers. A USB hub is something which just gives you more USB ports on a computer. In other words the hub plugs into one of the computers via USB and anything plugged into the hub would work exactly the same as if it was plugged directly into that computer.

So essentially no, you cannot plug all your devices into one hub and have them avaliable from both computers at all times, unless you leave both computers on at all times.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds