Video Card Problem, please help.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Toland, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Toland

Toland Private E-2

Hey all,

Today, while playing Eve Online, the screen froze and became distorted and pixelated. The game froze about 5 seconds after the screen became distorted. Also, the only way to exit the game was to force shutdown my laptop by holding the powerswitch down.

Upon restart, the same thing happened. I tried another game and the same thing. So I am led to believe it is the video card. Streaming video via Winamp is not affected.

I have a nVidia GeForce GO5700 128mb, with the latest DirectX 9.0c and the latests drivers.

I run Windows XP Personal SP2, Pentium 4 3.0ghz, 1gb DDR ram.

Any suggestion will be appreciated. If anyone needs further info, please let me know.

2. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle MajorGeek

Have you had a look in your device manager and assessed your video card in here? How recent are the video drivers?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds