Looking for a good vid card temp program

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Munga, Apr 8, 2006.

1. Munga

Munga Private E-2

Not sure how you all check your temps on the GPU, but I have an eVGA 6800GS and I would like to know its temps. I used to have and ATI and I used ATI tool to get those temps, but eVGA doesn't seem to have a utility like that. They reccommend using SpeedFan or CPU-Z. CPU-Z didn't give it to me and SpeedFan is saying that my card is 127C - which I know isn;t correct.

I am using the stock fan, and considering the Arctic Cooling Silencer - but would like to know my temps first.

Maybe I am not using SpeedFan correctly. Anybody have a no nosense easy utility for getting those temps?

2. splitt3r

splitt3r You are now the victim of a drive by title change

try coolbits. My eVGA 6600gt came with a temp sensor program, just right click your desktop and select nvidia display.

3. Munga

Munga Private E-2

Thank you. I was wondering about that. I tried that and it worked. Funny how none of my eVGA stuff, nor their website suggested that. Their website says to use CPU-Z or speed fan. I must have spent a couple of hours clicking on all my nVidia stuff and eVGA stuff looking for the utility. I never clicked on display cause the only item it showed in that menu was the name of my monitor.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds