Cannibalizing Win98 PC to Win2000 Server

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jldodge, Apr 8, 2006.

1. jldodge

jldodge Private First Class

I have a Win98 machine, circa 1997, that is unstable and not working right. I also have a Win2000 machine, circa 1997, that is operating okay. Both are SCSI configured. I want to take my hard drives and boards (modem, network card, USB port card, video card) and put them into the server box. I know I will need to make sure I have the appropriate drivers. Can I expect the boards to be compatible with the server platform? If not, what can I do to make them compatible. I have plenty of slots and bays so that won't constrain what I want to do.

Appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

2. asturnacle

asturnacle Private E-2

jldodge;

its all a matter of oc slots and the Opr systems and the drivers.

most of the drivers will be in the os u may need some of them if the cards are old and u may need to tell the os that the are as is the buzz word for every thing lagecy plug & play. I would suggest add the hd drives and then one item at a time it takes longer but if something is in compatable or bad u will find right away.

asturnacle

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds