I can't install HP CD-ROM into a Compaq Computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by HumbleServant1611, Apr 10, 2006.

1. I have Windows XP Home Edition.

I have the installation CD and the CD-ROM hooked up and it recongizes it but when i put in the CD it doesn't read it or any CD for that matter. Not even the CD-ROM that it already has in it, they're both hooked up.

Can anyone help me on resolving this problem or suggestions?

Or help me on how to install the CD-ROM?

greg

2. kjanz

kjanz Corporal

did you set the jumpers?

one is master, other is slave

3. i have all three wires hooked up

4. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Once again, do you have the jumper set for Master, Slave, or Cable Select? Also, with the newer systems, you do not need the Audio wire hooked up, only the IDE and power.

It should be hooked up to your Secondary IDE interface as Master if only device, or Slave is 2nd device. Also make sure that the Bios is seeing the drive, you may have to go in and change the Primary device on Secondary to 'Auto'.

5. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds